Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back to Basics

I attended Jo Avila's Basic Photography Seminar for the past two Sundays (February 14 & 22) in his studio at Greenhills, San Juan. This was sort of a refresher for me since I've already attended FPPF's Basic and Advance photo workshop long ago when it was only me and my Nikon F60. And ever since I went 'digital' with my Nikon D80, I just figured out all the camera settings by myself and I've been processing my photos only through Picasa, Picture Project and through some 'tools' I am familiar with at Photoshop, and so I thought it was time to get to know more about my gear and learn 'more' about 'basic' (hehe..) Photoshop and Color Management. So there, all the while I thought going digital would make my life easier, but I was so wrong..hehe.

Anyway, First Sunday was like deja vu - it was f/stops all over again, haha! - but in fairness, Jo Avila made it all not-so-complicated, or maybe I wasn't just listening before, haha! Second Sunday was about basic photoshop and color management, which is the main reason why I signed up for this seminar. Now, I better start 'practicing' everything that I've learned from the seminar bago ako malito uli..hehe. (Honey, I need a new laptop!) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment