Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ondoy, Part II: Despair and Hope

"Tonight, I can write the saddest lines.
Write, for example, 'The night is shattered
and the blue stars shiver in the distance'." - Pablo Neruda

News about the damage and loss of lives caused by typhoon Ondoy really broke my heart. I feel so blessed that I wanted to reach out to the victims and help in any possible way I can. What amazed me was everyone's willingness to share their time, energy, and resources to those who were greatly affected by the typhoon. In our office, we started our own relief operations and we solicited donations from willing individuals and corporations. Here are some of the relief goods that we are currently distributing to affected areas:

Bigas and other basic food items Distilled Water
Detergent (and shampoo, soap, alcohol, etc.)towels and blankets to keep 'em dry and warm
All set for distribution :D
happy to help :D
Yes, there is always hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment